Welcome to 2012

Greetings, and welcome to the first day of the year 2012.

For the most part today was a very slow news day. Hopefully it will remain this way for some time, and allow everybody to have a peaceful start to the new year.

One of the more important events that happened today (or rather yesterday and today) was the arrival the the twin GRAIL (Gravity Recovery And Interior Laboratory) spacecraft into Lunar orbit. One of this missions biggest jobs will be to map the Lunar gravity in an attempt to determine what's below the surface, and possibly shed some light into why the Earth's companion is lopsided. Another interesting feature of this mission is that it will allow school children to take photographs of lunar objects with the onboard cameras.

It is interesting to note that the pope has taken it upon himself to dedicate New Year's Day to world peace. This is something I believe is a worthwhile endevour, however without all the world's other religions getting on the bandwagon I can't see it having a lot of momentum. However in the event that the leaders of the other nations and religions on this little planet of ours read this I would like to ask you to please try and get along with one another. I know this is a lot to ask, when some countries hate each other with such a passion that they are unlikely ever to be able to see eye-to-eye on anything. But one can always hope.  The following image is one I found on the web many months ago, and I think it sums up things quite well:



As I said this was a slow news day, and as I'm still trying to get a grip on what I'm going to be blogging about I think I end it here. Mind you I did come up with a couple of interesting ideas for a story or two, but more on that later.


TTFN

Comments

Popular Posts