2021-10-18

"Ready Player Two" by Ernest Cline


 

Publisher:  Ballantine Books
Copyright: 2020
ISBN: 9781524761332

While I really enjoyed "Ready Player One", I found this sequel to be extremely hard to get into. One reason for this was the gigantic information dump that is essentially the first two chapters. Most authors have heard the phrase "Show Don't Tell", but unfortunately this essential rule of thumb for writing wasn't followed in this sequel to the first book.

The story takes off directly after Ready Player One ends, but as mentioned above the seemingly endless backstory of what happened over the next few years to the various winners of the game completely caused me to lose interest in the book.

The premise seemed good, but ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. But please check out the page entitled "A Comment About Comments" up at the top.

Going on Hiatus

 Greetings, I have decided to put a hold on doing further book reviews for a while. In fact I'm not sure if I will resume doing reviews ...