2023-08-21

"Minimalism: live a meaningful life" by Joshua Fields Melbourne and Ryan Nicodemus


 

Publisher: Asymmetrical Press
Copyright: 2016
ISBN: 9780615648224

I stumbled across the concept of minimalism while on YouTube and it seemed like an interesting concept and one that has worked for many people. With this in mind I picked up the book minimalism by Joshua Fields Melbourne and Ryan Nicodemus to see what it was all about.

While this book does address the concept of minimalism to a point it is not the main focus of the book at least as far as I can tell. It is more of an explanation and an exploration of how these two men became minimalists. Both were were employed in the corporate world and earning six-figure incomes but we're extremely unhappy with their lives, and this book details how they made changes to their life. Unfortunately it doesn't really have a whole lot to do with minimalism for somebody who is trying to investigate the concept. They do refer to their website a fair bit minimalists.com and I think this is where you should go to find more in-depth information.

It was however a very interesting book to read, and I would recommend it to anybody who is searching for a change in their life, or possibly their career etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. But please check out the page entitled "A Comment About Comments" up at the top.

Going on Hiatus

 Greetings, I have decided to put a hold on doing further book reviews for a while. In fact I'm not sure if I will resume doing reviews ...