2023-05-15

"One for the Money" by Janet Evanovich

 


Publisher: Harper Collins
Copyright: 1998
ISBN: 9780684196398

This is the first novel in the Stephanie plum series. Stephanie is a bounty hunter, A job she fell into when she was in rather desperate circumstances. She works for her cousin Vinny who runs a bail bond company and he takes her on as a fledgeling agent.

Her first case turns out to be quite complicated, but very rewarding in the end even though she put herself in a fair bit of danger throughout the novel.

This is an excellent book, And I wish I had read it years ago when it first came out. It is very well written, and holds your attention throughout the entire book which is full of plot twists, interesting characters, and realistic situations.

This first novel was made into a movie in 2011, but no other ones were ever made, which I thing is a shame as it was very well done.

The only real drawback to both the book and the movie is that it tends to reinforce the stereotype that all Americans carry guns. Now whether this is actually true or not I don't know as I haven't been in the United States for close to 34 years.

Well worth the read, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the series. Although this will take a while as Ms. Evanovich just released book 30 in the series. Before you ask though, no I won't be reviewing them all, but might do them in batches if there is an ongoing theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. But please check out the page entitled "A Comment About Comments" up at the top.

Going on Hiatus

 Greetings, I have decided to put a hold on doing further book reviews for a while. In fact I'm not sure if I will resume doing reviews ...