2023-05-22

"Terry Pratchett: A Life With Footnotes" by Rob Wilkins

 


Publisher: Doubleday
Copyright: 2022
ISBN: 9780857526632

I purposely do not read a lot of biographies and especially autobiographies primarily because for the most part they're boring.

This book about the life of Terry Pratchett the author of all the Discworld novels, and many others by Rob Wilkins is the exact opposite. It is interesting well written, and essentially keeps you wanting more. Yes, I know that's another way of saying interesting but I'm treating it as two different things because a story should keep you wanting to read more just to find out what happens whereas to be interesting and wanting to keep you reading is more of a challenge.

To say that Sir Terry Pratchett had a interesting life is an understatement. He started his writing career as a journalist, and quickly moved on to be the best selling author of many books. Mr. Wilkins, who was Sir Terry's personal assistant for over 20 years gives fans a detailed insight into his life, one that I'm sure all will want to read.

Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. But please check out the page entitled "A Comment About Comments" up at the top.

Going on Hiatus

 Greetings, I have decided to put a hold on doing further book reviews for a while. In fact I'm not sure if I will resume doing reviews ...